THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES
testing

Sabtu, 06 Maret 2010

[uNGu]™ Auto : READERS RIDES: STEVEN YANKEH>> MY1972 COROLLA TE27


Hi Speedhunters!
My name is Steven Yankeh and I live in Maple Valley, Washington. First of all, I just wanted to give my compliments to the Speedhunters team for putting together what is definitely one of the freshest car culture sites on the web. After seeing all of the Silvias being posted as of late, I got to wondering when we'd be seeing some TE27 posts. I know there aren't nearly as many TE27's around as there are Silvia's, but given that fact I felt that it would make a post on them all that more interesting and a great way to share some lesser know old school JDM flavor!
 
Pictured here is one of my current projects, a 1972 Toyota Corolla Coupe. Currently however, it sits lowered on a set of 3 inch blocks behind my house, and I'd rather not admit to how I went about lowering the front! The hood still houses that original 2tc. It had initially come with a 2 speed auto but I removed that and replace it with a 5 speed from a 1978 corolla wagon. I used a clutch master from a 2002 WRX, a clutch slave from an 85 Celica GT-S, and I also put in a clutch pedal made from scratch by yours truly! In addition I also added a trans mount using a mix of original parts and parts from a John Deere mower....don't ask. Parts are hard to find for these, so using what I had around was my only option!
 
The wheels are a set of Kelsey Hayes Kelstars in 14x7 -22 up front and 14x8 -38 in the back. All are fitted with a set of Toyo T1-R's in 195/45. They're held on with ARP Extended Studs and Project Kics R40 Neo Chro Lugs.
Thanks guys, enjoy!

0 comments: